When a user signs up on Yahoo or creates a Yahoo account, they automatically get a free @yahoo.com email address. Plus 1TB of storage which is more than enough to store all your emails with loads of attachments. A Yahoo account is more than just an email service provider. Having a Yahoo account also gives you access to other Yahoo features such as news feed, calendar, address book, notepad section, and many more. Moreover, you can also manage other email accounts like Gmail and Outlook. And you can also configure auto-reply when you are way too, all within your Yahoo account. To create a Yahoo account is very simple and completely free. You can create the account through a desktop or through your mobile phone. Either way, which is best for you? And the process is very easy with an almost similar approach. We shall be going through the process of how to create a Yahoo account in this article.
How to Create New Yahoo Account
- Open Yahoo: You can visit the Yahoo homepage at on your device browser if you’re using your mobile phone; just tap on the Yahoo icon.
- Click Sign In: it is at the top right corner of your desktop screen and at the bottom of the page on the app.
- This page requires you to log in if you already have an account, just at the bottom of this page, click “sign up”, it is next to the “don’t have an account?” text.
- Enter Your Personal Details: In this page, you’ll need to provide your First Name, Last Name. Your preferred Yahoo email address, password, phone number, birth date (MM-DD-YYYY) and gender. You may want to create a strong password for your Yahoo account. In other to prevent people from guessing, and if you feel the password is too hard to remember, you may also consider getting a password manager. Your phone number is very important as it is useful in the account recovery process. Make sure you enter a phone number that you can always have access to.
Continue With Your Account Process
- Now, click on the continue button. Note you may not be able to progress to the next step page. If you’ve not filled out all the information in the previous step.
- Click Text me an Account Key: It is a blue button in the middle of the page. This will prompt Yahoo to send you a code to the number you entered when providing your personal details. You can also choose “call me with an account key” to have Yahoo call you through your registered number.
- Open your phone message app and retrieve the verification code from Yahoo. And enter it in the spaces provided, and if you chose to call, wait for your phone to ring. And Yahoo will recite your verification code, enter it in the spaces provided and click verify. This will take you back to the Yahoo home page.
- Click on the Mail Envelope: This will open your Yahoo inbox, which is already set up and ready to start using it.