- 1 How to Access Microsoft OneDrive With Windows PC
- 2 How to Access Microsoft OneDrive on Mac
- 3 How to Access Microsoft OneDrive on Android or IOS
OneDrive is an online free hosting, secure and storage space where you can save data. You can store data like photos, business documents, and tax returns. You can also save media files like music and videos too. Being a cloud service, the data you save on OneDrive can be accessible anytime and anywhere with almost any internet-connected device. As long as you have a Microsoft account and a personal one drive storage area. Microsoft’s OneDrive service gives you access to store your files on the cloud and retrieve them whenever you need them.
Note, no matter the device you are using – Android ,Windows or iOS, even though your PC, you can still access your files without necessarily having to be the same device you used in uploading your files. In this article, we shall be going through the various ways you can have access to one drive on every device.
How to Access Microsoft OneDrive With Windows PC
Windows PCs have Microsoft OneDrive pre-installed and ready as soon as you boot your computer. Microsoft has made it easy to synchronize your documents and other files to the cloud using these easy steps;
- Open the search menu and search for OneDrive.
- If this is your first time, you will be prompted to set up your account.
- Once you are signed in, your PC will notify you where your folder is, then select next.
- OneDrive will ask you to choose the folder(s) you want to synchronize, select checkbox next to folders you choose to synchronize. You can also choose to synchronize all your files and back them all up.
- Now, open file explorer to view OneDrive and see all your contents that are backed up on the cloud.
How to Access Microsoft OneDrive on Mac
- Start by downloading and installing the OneDrive application from the Microsoft’s website.
- Once OneDrive is installed press cmd+spacebar to launch spotlight search.
- Search “OneDrive” and the press enter.
- If it is your first time, you will be prompted to set up your account by entering your email address
- OneDrive will ask you where you wish your folder to be located on your mac. Then, select the “choose OneDrive location” Icon, and choose the location of your choice. OneDrive will notify you of the location you selected, then press “next”.
- Select “open my OneDrive”, every file you back up here will be synchronized to your Microsoft cloud.
How to Access Microsoft OneDrive on Android or IOS
- You can start by downloading the OneDrive app either through Google Play store or AppStore, depending on the operating system you’re using.
- Once the app is Installed.
- Tap it the OneDrive icon to launch. If you already have an account, it will ask you to login or sign in by using your email address.
- OneDrive may ask your permission to automatically backup your files, choose yes or no, according to the one that suits your preference.
- Tap the menu option or the file tab to view all the files available on your OneDrive account.