Users who don’t want their Instagram account linked to Facebook, can decide to disconnect their Instagram account from Facebook. This article teaches users how to Disconnect their Instagram account from Facebook. Disconnecting your Instagram account from Facebook, you can no longer share your Instagram post to your Facebook account. Meaning your friends on Facebook can’t see your Instagram post anymore. They would have to visit the Instagram platform, before they could see your post.
How to Disconnect Your Instagram Account from Facebook
It is very easy to unlink your Instagram account from your Facebook account. Disconnecting Instagram from Facebook don’t not mean all your old post you have shared on Facebook will be deleted. Instagram won’t delete your post, without your permission. You would have to select the “Delete all post” button from Facebook. Follow the below steps to disconnect your Instagram account from Facebook:
- On any of your device, visit the Instagram platform, you can also make use of the Mobile app.
- Login to your account with either your Facebook account or your Instagram username and password.
- Go to your Instagram profile page, then click on the “Settings” icon.
- Then click on the “Account” icon.
- On the next page, click on the “Linked accounts” icon.
- Then click on the “Facebook” icon.
- On the next page, scroll down and click on the “Unlink” icon.
The user who wishes to disconnect their Instagram account will be asked if you are sure of what you about to do. Disconnecting your Instagram account from Facebook, if you get locked out from your account, you will find it hard getting access to your Instagram account back. If you still want to stand on the decision of disconnecting your Instagram account from Facebook, you can click on the “Yes, Unlink” icon. Or click on the “Cancel” icon if you don’t want to unlink your Instagram account from Facebook anymore.