There are lots of users online which make Facebook as their every day life. Facebook is where they do interact with their friends, love one’s and colleagues. And many of these users have spent much effort on their Facebook account and won’t want to lose it. It is very humiliating for any of these users whose Facebook account has been hacked. Sometimes when a user’s Facebook account is hacked, it may cost them much money or it damage the user reputation. Well, it depends on what the hacker has done to the users Facebook account. On this article, we got tips which would help users boosting their security, on how to protect their Facebook account from hackers.
- 1 How to Protect Your Facebook Account from Hackers
- 1.1 Using the Online Password Protection Feature
- 1.2 Secure Your Account with Facebook Security Settings
How to Protect Your Facebook Account from Hackers
Knowing the right security tips to follow, it will help users protect their Facebook account from hackers. Facebook got some security options for users to protect their account from hackers. Having your account protected with any of the Facebook security features, it will help keep your account safe and secured. And also, users with be notified whenever someone try to access your Facebook account. follow the below steps to protect your Facebook account from hackers:
Using the Online Password Protection Feature
- When creating your password, user should avoid making use of their Name, Pet Name, Date of Birth, or word they commonly make use of. Ensure your Password is difficult to guess by anyone. Users should make sure they do create a longer password, above 9 to 10 character or more. Make sure you do follow the tips on how to create a Strong password.
- Never enter your Facebook password anywhere else. Make sure you do use a different password for your Facebook account.
- Make use of a password manager tools. Use who do make use of the Google chrome browser, they can easily save their password. Google chrome browser help save users password for later, and help them automatically sign in to any of their online account.
- users should make sure they do change their Facebook password once in every six months. It not just only for your Facebook password, do it also for any of your online account.
- Avoid sharing your Facebook password with anyone.
- Don’t click on the remember password icon when signing in to your Facebook account when the device your using is not yours.
Secure Your Account with Facebook Security Settings
- After logging in to your Facebook device.
- Click on the Drop-down arrow. On the drop-down menu, click on the “Settings” icon.
- On the next page, at the left-side menu, click on the “Security and Login” icon.
- Check where you are logged in. If you can’t recognize any device, click on the three-dot icon, and click on the “Log out” icon. This will log out your Facebook account from that device.
- Change your Facebook password; click on the “Edit” icon, at the right-side of the “Change password” panel. Enter your current password, and enter your new password. Re-type your new password to confirm it. Then click on the “Save changes” icon.
Using Facebook Two-Factor Authentication Security Settings
This security settings it helps to notify the user of any attempt to login to their Facebook account from any device that not recognized. To login the user will need to confirm your password and a verification code, which is the Two-Factor Authentication code. There are two ways to make use of the Facebook Two-Factor Authentication code. It either with an App or get a text message. Using Text Message or an Authentication App follow the below steps:
- Visit the “Security and Login” page on your Facebook account.
- Under the “Two-Factor Authentication” pane, click on the “Edit” icon. It will direct you to the page to set your Two-Factor Authentication code.
- Then click on the “Use Text Message (SMS)” icon.
- Then enter the mobile phone number you want to get the code.
- Click on the “Continue” icon. You will be sent a 6 digits code to the number you provided for confirmation. If you did not get the code click on the “Resend code” icon.
- The enter the 6 digits code on the provided box, and click on the “Continue” icon.
Using the Authentication App
- Click on the “Use Authentication App” icon.
- Then enter your password to confirm.
- Then make use of the Duo or Google Authenticator to scan the code.
Using the Facebook Extra Security Settings
Using the security settings, users will be notified or get alerts for any unrecognized logins. And it helps you to choose 3 to 5 friends to contact whenever you get locked out from your Facebook account. Follow the below step to set it.
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Navigate to the Facebook settings page.
- On the menu, click on the “Security and Login” panel.
- Scroll down and click on the “Setting Up Extra Security” icon.
- Then under the “Notification” Icon, click on the “Get notification” icon. You will be notified on Facebook for any unrecognized logins.
- Under the “Messenger” icon, click on the “Get notification” icon. Doing this you will be notified on the Facebook messenger app whenever there is an unrecognized logins.
- Then select the “Email login alerts to your Email” on the “Email” panel. If you do use a mobile phone number you will also see an option for it. You can also add other email’s or phone numbers.
- Then click on the “Save changes” icon.
Adding of Trusted Friends to Help Get Your Account Back
Add a trusted contact “Your Friends you trust on Facebook”. This will help you whenever you are locked out from your account.
- Click on the “Edit” icon.
- On the page its open’s, click on the “Edit” icon.
- Then type in the Friend name you want to use.
- When done, click on the “Confirm” icon.
Adding a friend, you are not supposed to make use of as a Trusted friend, you can also remove the friend. Click on the “Edit” icon or click on the “Remove All” icon to remove all the Added friends.