It is every necessary for any user who do make use of the Google chrome browser to always make sure it up to date on the latest version. Updating your Google chrome browser ensure all your browsing is protected with the latest security updates. When a user Google chrome browser is been updated, they will notice a change in the way your it is. This article teaches how to update your Google chrome browser.
Must Read – How to Link Your Instagram Account to Facebook
How to Update Your Google Chrome Browser
It is very easy for any user of the Google chrome browser to update it. Making use of the Google chrome browser, update happen when the user closes and re-open the browser. Some users do make use of their browser for a long time without losing it. The user would see a pending update at the top right-side of the browser. However, users can update their Google chrome browser on any device, Computer, Android, iPhone and iPad. Follow the below steps to update your chrome browser:
Using your Computer
- On your computer, open your Google chrome browser.
- Click on the three-dot icon at the top-right side of the browser page.
- If your browser has any pending update, you will see an icon with color. You seeing a “Green” color, it means the update has been released for 2 days. An “Orange” color icon means the update has been released for 4 days. While a “Red” color icon, means the update has been released for a week or weeks ago.
- To update your Google chrome browser, click on the Icon and click on the “Relaunch” icon.
However, users who do not see any pending update icon, it means you’re on the latest Google chrome update.
Update Google Chrome on Android Device
However, users can set their Google play store for automatic updates. Then your chrome browser will automatically update when there is a newly released update. Some users do turn off automatic update on their Google play store. Setting Google play store to automatically update apps, your device storage easily gets filled up. Follow the below steps to manually update your Google chrome browser:
- On your android or tablet phone, visit the Google play store.
- On the top-right side of the page, click on the “Three-line” icon.
- Then click on the “My apps and games” icon.
- On the updates panel, scroll down, when you see the chrome icon, click on the “Update” icon.
- Then it will direct you to the main chrome page on the Google play store.
- Then click on the “Update” icon to update your chrome.
- Open your chrome browser and check if you do see the colored icon which indicate update.
- Click on the icon, and click on the “Update” icon.
- It will then direct you to the Google play store where you can now follow the same process above to update the chrome browser.
Update Chrome Using iPhone or iPad Device
Users can as well-set auto update on the App store, which will automatically update your Google chrome browser. Or check if Google chrome has new version and install it to get your browser updated. Follow the below steps:
- Tap on the App Store icon on your iPhone or iPad device.
- Click on the “Profile” icon, which is at the top right-side of the page.
- Scroll down and click on the “Available Updates” icon.
- Then scroll down to search for the Chrome.
- If you do see it among the app which need to be updated, click on the “Update to install” icon.
- Then you might be asked to confirm your Apple ID password.
However, doing this, your Google chrome browser will download and install the latest version available.