In the past decades, the use of DVDs, VCDs and other forms of digital video players were dominantly used by people to watch movies and other video-related content. But the narrative is different today, thanks to online streaming platforms like Netflix. Where users with Netflix account can now stream and have access to thousands of movies and TV shows on Netflix. However, a Netflix account is a profile created by people who are interested in subscribing to Netflix services. Every user is entitled to a Netflix account where they can manage and have access to their profile, subscribe. And watch and stream thousands of Netflix movies, Tv series, and TV shows. As of today, there are over 139 million active Netflix accounts with active subscriptions with the numbers increase every year. This has been possible with the process by which users sign up for an account.
Features of Becoming a Netflix Member
Having a Netflix account provides users with some basic features that make the network a very user-friendly service. Some of these features include;
- Watching and streaming service
- Download directly to your device
- Save to watch later.
However, your Netflix account gives you access to these basic features where you can have access to any Netflix supporting device. There are many devices today that support Netflix accounts. Some of these devices include our Android and iOS devices, smart TVs, play station 4 and Xbox gaming consoles, and many other devices. Netflix also comes with different subscription packages for Netflix account owners. These subscriptions differ from each other depending on the package the Netflix account owner wishes to subscribe to.
Netflix Subscription Packages
Here are the various packages of Netflix account subscription;
- Basic package: For just $ 7.99, Netflix account owners get to watch and download unlimited videos on YouTube for a month. But the videos are going to be in a smaller definition quality compared to other subscription packages. The basic package is limited to one device only.
- Standard package: This package gives any account owners the privilege to have access to their accounts on two different devices. Meaning that they catch be seeing a movie on their mobile phones. And decide to play another movie or TV show on their desktops at the same time with one account. The standard account subscription package goes for $ 9.99 for a month and it offers video quality is very clear, high definition 1080p quality.
- Premium package: With this subscription package, Netflix account owners get to connect up to 4 devices, watching different contents all at the same time. This package offers the clearest video quality of 4KHD. This package goes for $ 11.99 for a month.
Sign Up for Netflix Account
Netflix gives a free 30 day trial for new subscribers who wish to open a Netflix account. This means people who want to have a Netflix account get to enjoy unlimited streaming of all Netflix content. Depending on the category they wish to subscribe to. Let’s go through the process:
- Visit Netflix official website at netflix.com
- Click on “watch for free for 30 days”. When the page loads, click “Continue”.
- Enter your Email address and password in the spaces provided. You may click on the small box if you want Netflix to update you on their latest offers. (Optional). When you’re through, click “Continue”.
- However, you will be directed to a page where you will be required to select your preferred choice of payment; through your credit card or PayPal.