PayPal is an online payment service that lets you shop online and send money to people. PayPal has over 254 million active accounts worldwide. Once you have a PayPal account, you don’t need to re-enter your details every time you want to make a transaction. Setting up and how to verify a PayPal account is quite easy and free. And you should be able to start using it in a matter of minutes. We shall be going through detailed steps on how to create, set up and verify a PayPal account in brief. But concise details so as not to bore you with the steps.
How to Sign Up For a PayPal Account
- Open the PayPal app or visit the PayPal website at
You can create an account from the PayPal homepage above. Or you can download the app from your device app store. The process is almost the same either with the web or the app.
- Click “sign-up for free” or tap “sign-up” to begin the PayPal account sign up process.
There are different kinds of accounts with different fee structures and benefits. For business accounts, there are two options which are the standard free business account or the pro account. The standard free business account is the same as the old premier PayPal account. This account is best for people who do lots of shopping on eBay.
The pro account costs $30 per month, but you have full control as to how you want to design the checkout process.
Continue Your Account Sign up Process
- Enter your email address and your preferred password: Make sure you enter a valid email address for verification. And ensure you have a strong, unique password for your login.
- Fill out the form required for your personal information: This information includes your legal name, address, and phone number. All of these are required to create your account.
- Enter your credit or debit card information: This is optional but at some point, you’ll have to enter it in order to verify your PayPal account. If you don’t want to enter your card information now, click “I’d rather link my bank first”.
- Enter your bank account information: You’ll have to provide your bank account details. If you plan on receiving funds and transferring it your bank account. You may decide to do this later by clicking “I’ll link my bank later” you’ll be prompted to confirm you want to skip this process.
- Apply for PayPal credit (optional): PayPal will prompt you to sign up for a credit line. You may want to carefully read the terms before applying. As this is optional, you may decide not to apply by clicking “no thanks”. After this, you will be taken to your account summary page.
How to verify your PayPal account
Anything verifies, it means you need to access your email account. And click on the verification link to make you access the whole feature of PayPal.
- Confirm your email address: You’ll need to confirm your email address in order to receive money to your PayPal account. When you newly created your account, you should have received an email, in the message. Click “yes, this is my email” to confirm your email address. If you can’t find this message, check your spam folder or “purchase” label if you’re using Gmail. If you still can’t find it there, click “confirm email” to send another message.
- Link your bank account details: In order for you to send money or transfer funds from your PayPal account. You will need to link your bank details with PayPal. Click “link a bank” on the summary page of your account to get started.
- Link your card (credit or debit): Still, on your account summary page, click “link a card”. You’ll need to enter your card number, expiry date, and security code. Take note that the name on your card must match the legal name you used in opening your account, doing so links your account instantly.
Note, without the PayPal verification process, the users who just signed up for the PayPal account will be limited to some features. And these features are the most important aspect of having a PayPal account. You won’t be able to add your payment detail or even think of buying products from any online buying and selling platform which accept PayPal payment system. So make sure to verify your PayPal account after you finish the sign up process.