If you can’t sign in to your Gmail account because you forgot your password, you don’t need to panic. Google Gmail has a solution to that, resetting a forgotten Gmail password, would help you get in your Gmail account back.
Resetting a Forgotten Gmail Password
Resetting your forgotten Gmail password, is very easy and fast when the user added a recovery phone number to the email address. Or the user added a recovery email address. Then the user will have to follow the below step for resetting their forgotten Gmail password.
Reset Forgotten Password on The Gmail App with Your Mobile Device
- On your mobile phone, visit the application page, and click on the Gmail app to launch it.
- Enter you email address, and click on the “Forgot password” icon. If you are logged in to your Gmail app, but you don’t know the password, try to log out and follow these steps.
- Then you will be asked to confirm your mobile number, and select how you want to confirm it. Click on the “Get code through” and select “Call” or “Text”.
- Then click on the “Next” to get the code.
- Enter the code and click on the “Next” icon.
- Then you will need to create your new password. Create a strong password, that you haven’t make use of before.
- Then click on the “Change password” icon to reset your forgotten Gmail password.
Reset Forgotten Password on Your Desktop Device Using www.gmail.com
- Visit the Gmail login page.
- Enter your email address, and click on the “Forgot Password” icon.
- Then re-enter your email address, and click on the next icon.
- On the left-side of your screen, click on the option “Try another way” icon.
- Select an option, “Text” or “Call” which you will have to receive a verification code. After selecting on any, you will be sent a verification code.
- Enter the code on the empty box, and click on the “Next” icon.
- On the next page, is where you will have to create your new password. Enter your new password twice, and click on the “Change Password” icon.
Doing this you will reset your forgotten Gmail password, and get a new password. Which you will then make use when trying to login to your Gmail account.