Bing webmaster tools, which were once called the “Bing Webmaster Center” are the free Microsoft’s Bing search engine tools that allow domain owner’s “Webmasters” to add their website to the Bing index crawler. The Bing webmaster tools help you to see your website performance in Bing, its impressions, click, and lot more. Its servers as a tool that helps to troubleshoot the indexing and crawling of user’s websites, when they submit Sitemap, a new URL like website contains links and lot more.
Furthermore, the Bing webmaster tools provide it, users, with many features. However, only webmasters who have to verify their ownership of the website can make use of it. Webmasters can verify their website with the use of Meta Tag Verification, Adding of CNAME recode to their DNS entry, DomainConnect, and XML verification.
Features of the Bing Webmaster Tools for Websites
With the help of the Bing webmaster tools, webmasters can access and manage their website on Bing with ease. We would be listing some few features of the Bing Webmaster tools below:
- Submission of Website URLs, you can submit thousands of new URLs for faster indexing. You can submit 10,000 new URLs per day.
- Crawl issue for website URLs, it helps webmasters to discover future issues with their websites. Issues like File Not Found (404) errors.
- It helps webmasters to check their backlinks data, knowing about their referrer links.
- Sitemaps, it allows webmasters to know if Bing correctly viewed their sitemap.
How to Create a Bing Webmaster Tools Account
Creating a Bing webmaster tools account is very easy and at the same time complicated. Webmasters do create an account on Bing which helps their website content rank on the Bing search engine. You can sign up for Bing, using your Google account, Microsoft account, and Facebook account. The below step will help you sign up for an account on the Bing platform.
To Open a Bing Webmaster Tools account:
- Go to www.bing.com/tools/webmaster, the Bing sign up account page.
- Scroll down and click on the sign-up button.
- Select the email address you want to make use of for your Bing webmaster tools account.
It will then direct you to Bing webmaster’s home page.
How to Add & Verify Your Website on Bing Webmaster Tools
After finish creating your Bing webmaster account, then you will need to add and verify your website. It is very easy to add your webmasters to add their website to their Bing account. Bing allows users to add more than one website to their Bing Webmaster tools account. follow the below steps to add and verify your website on your Bing account.
To Add and Verify my Website on Bing Webmaster Account:
- Go to www.bing.com/tools/webmaster.
- Copy your website link and paste it into the Add a Site box.
- Click on the Add icon.
Then you will need to verify your website, Bing will want to know if you’re the owner of the website. They have provided three ways webmasters can verify their website ownership. You don’t need to make use of the three-verification process, just only one. You just only need to choose the one that best suits your website. Follow the below steps to verify your website on your Bing account.
XML File Authentication
- Click on link BingSiteAuth.xml to Download the XML file to your computer.
- The file has personal information that contains verification code.
- Then you will need to upload the XML file to your website which you want to verify.
- After which you can click on the verify button when done.
Meta Tag Authentication
- You will need to copy the <meta> tag verification code, which is displayed on the clipboard.
- On your website, go to your backend. Click on the editor, copy and paste the <meta> tag on the <head> section of the theme.
- Then click on the verify button.
Add a CNAME Record to DNS
You will need to have access to your website hosting account. follow the below steps to verify your account with the DNS record.
- Login to your domain hosting account.
- On the account, go to your CNAME record and edit it.
- Hold on to the verification code provided to you, it a series of letters and numbers.
- Then save the information.
- Now click on the verify button.
When you are through verifying your website with any of the three provided methods, click on the verify button. Then wait for Bing webmaster to verify your website, when they do, at the top side of the page, you will see a green checkmark message. It says you have successfully verified your website. Note; you see a red cross mark, it means your website could not be verified, it might be an error cause. Then you will need to resolve the issue and try again later.
How to Create and Upload Your Website Sitemaps on Bing
Your website sitemaps help in different ways, it helps Bing to know your website URL. Bing has a different sitemap format it supports.
- Atom 0.3 and 0.1.
- Test files that contain only one URL per line.
- RSS 2.0, and
- XML Sitemaps and XML sitemap index files.
Apart from the above-listed sitemaps there are different tools that help webmasters create sitemaps. You can link your sitemaps from your Google search console account to your Bing webmaster when you are adding your website after finish creating your Bing account.